Kalahari Melon is a pre-historic watermelon that had adapted to survive in Arid conditions. This wild watermelon originates from the plains of Southern Africa.
Kalahari melon has yellow or pale green flesh and a bitter taste. When the watermelons are harvested, their seeds are collected. The seeds are dried in the sun and seeds are pressed to extract the Kalahari melon seed oil.
Below are the reasons why we have chosen this Kalahari Melon Seed Oil in our Concentrates and Oils
1) RICH IN ESSENTIAL FATTY ACID - 70% Omega 6 (linoleic acid) content, this provides moisturising and restructuring properties. As a result of high linoleic acid content, it's fast absorbing without a greasy feel.
2) HIGHEST VITAMIN E CONTENT WHEN COMPARED TO MOST OILS - Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that protects the skin against damage and premature ageing. High vitamin E content makes Kalahari melon seed oil a very stable oil, which when blended with other oils may prolong the shelf-life of the oil blend.
3) HIGH PHYTOSTEROLS - Composed of almost 2% unsaponifiables to help protect skin barrier function.
4) NON-COMEDOGENIC - Low comedogenic rating of 0-1, makes it suitable for all skin types.
5) SUSTAINABILITY - By using Kahalari melon seed oil in our products, we are encouraging sustainable harvesting, supporting local farmers and empowering a community.